The American Center for Life Cycle Assessment (ACLCA) conference, LCA XIV, took place in San Francisco from October 6th-8th, 2014. Life Cycle Associates’ Environmental Scientist, Ashley Henderson, was attending along with several hundred of the field’s most prominent life cycle assessment (LCA) practitioners and corporate and industry representatives.
Conference sessions covered many diverse topics, including:
- Methodological questions about data uncertainty, allocation, and impact modeling
- Developments in product category rules (PCRs) and environmental product declarations (EPDs)
- Modeling of upstream impacts such as electricity
- LCA study results of various foods, biofuels, vehicles, and other products
- Application of LCA to government and policy work
- Integration of social impacts into LCA results
- Importance of data sourcing and life cycle inventory data availability
- Emerging practices and innovative approaches
The conference’s success highlights the growing importance of LCA approaches to both government and corporate actions worldwide. Life Cycle Associates looks forward to applying these techniques and approaches in future LCA work and maintaining a pulse on the most current trends in LCA work and methodology.
Date: October 8, 2014